HAS ANYONE SENT THEIR MONEY AND CONTRACT YET

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Postby saintsandangels » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:47 am

Solicitors do no foresee any major problems with contracts and have received reasonable responses to all issue of concern. Expect to receive copy of contract today and am preparing to sign it and return my money.

Think it's time to make a decision on this. Am happy i've spent a great deal of time investigating this, and despite the small issues and doubts i feel on balance that it's worth the investment.

I suppose we all need to make up our own mind. Don't think you'll ever gett 100% clarity or certainty with any investment like this, so I guess you just need to look at the bigger picture and make your mind up. that's what we've done.
saintsandangels

Postby Pinky » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:01 pm

Thats fair enough, good luck, but I think the fact that Fadesa cant even produce title deeds to prove they own the land they are building on is rather a large point NOT a small one !! Also the fact that there is no idea when the development will be finished or no clause to get out is worrying.
Pinky

Postby romablade1889 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Pinky wrote:My solicitor has today received a reply from Fadesa. Basically they have said that their development is virtually risk free and that our demands are unrealistic and will be sorted out once the contract is signed and the development goes on, They cannot prove that planning permission has been granted but have sent a document proving that it is in one of the final stages. They also said in no uncertain terms that if their client does not sign they have a list a potential buyers queing up to take the unwanted appartment!! - As far as im concerned Fadesa can stick it all up their A***. I will not be bullied into signing a contract until it says in black and white what I am actually getting. They cant even produce a copy of title deeds saying they actually own the land, do they think we are stupid????

If Fadesa have queues of people waiting to buy, why are they still chasing me to get me to change my mind on cancelling almost a month after I told them I'm pulling out?
romablade1889

Postby romablade1889 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:14 pm

Jason wrote:Riaz,

Welcom to the forum, nice first post :lol:

Demand is greater than supply with this one, which has made certain problems worse, but what made my mind up with this one was :

a) advice from Grace and co solicitors who were reccomended to use, they foresee no real problems.

b)Fadesa is not a tin pot outfit.

However decide yourself !

And if they're bullying you now when they want your money, what happens when they have your hard earned cash safely in their bank account and something goes wrong on the development...? How do you think they will react? Would you buy a £500 TV from a TV Shop you thought were unhelpful, had poor customer service and kept making mistakes.? So why are you thinking of buying something for over £60,000 from such a supplier? This is why I've dropped out.
romablade1889

subject

Postby shak » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:15 pm

Wise words Romablade
shak

Postby Jason » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Wise words maybe but not very relevant ! :) Shak u have an issue with Fadesa , obvious from day one . Romblade, I hardly think anyone is being bullied. Understandibly it is a big investment and needs consideration. New build ,in a developing country as far as tourism is concerned, is always going to be a gamble but I cannot help but feel some people look for a reason not to proceed. I do think those that are not proceeding should not continue to post 'negative ' messages , it is unfair on those that are undecided.
Jason

Postby Merlin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:01 pm

[color=darkred][/color][color=darkred][/color]
Hello friends! I have been reading and watching this forum for a while with interest. Many of the comments are correct and some useful but some are just a waste of space.
Now that I've stated the obvious, can I say that I agree with Jason.
My position is this..I have signed and returned the contract. I have sent my money. I beleive I have done the right thing and hope Fadesa don't mess me about, otherwise I'm up for a fight. But when my crystal ball doesn't work so well I have to use this thing called trust. Money is made from risk, if you don't like it .. leave.
As for those who long ago decided not to continue with this 'risk'. (Shak). The fact that time and time again you can't help shoving another comment in here and there suggests you STILL have an interest. I sense you still want a part of this development? My guess is you will say 'No'. Inwhich case allow others to discuss how to progress thier stake.
Merlin

Postby fandango » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:09 pm

Here are our experiences.

We finally recieved our contract 8th Jan with a covering letter saying we had until the end of the month to return contract and pay deposit. Fair enough we thought and sent the contract off to be checked by our solicitor.

Wednesday 17th Jan we recieve a message that we must pay the deposit by the 19th. I phoned up to protest but was told basically unless you pay by this new deadline we will lose the apartment despite being given an end of the month deadline.

Our solicitor had not had the oportunity to comment on the contract. Also, even if we were inclined to pay the deposit and keep our fingers crossed that everything was kosher, there was no way we could release the funds by that deadline.

I reckon that we are the best part of a grand out of pocket, not to mention the huge amount of time we have spent on this.

It's a shame 'cos having visited the site it really is spectacular and we were both really excited about it.

We felt we had to pull out because what Fadesa have done is unprofessional, unethical and probably bordering on the illegal.

If they can pull this kind of stunt so early in the proceedings I feel it doesn't bode well for the future.

Jason, I don't want you to think I am being negative but I think it is important that people have a balanced view of things. Wouldn't you like to know all the facts - good and bad - while you are still undecided?

Anyway, best of luck to everyone who has decided to go ahead and I hope it all goes a bit smoother than it has so far. It truly is a beautiful part of the world.

This is fandango signing off.

Goodnight and goodluck.......
fandango

Postby mcneilee » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:39 pm

I just wish i could get my hand on the damned contract.It been a bloody week since they said it was being sentout.Getting close to the end of the month . How am i ment to sort things out by the end of the month so close . What a f****** joke. :x
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Postby mcneilee » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:09 pm

just found out it's still up at their head orifface
luv the edit button
mcneilee

Previous

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir