Some basic questions from a first-timer

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Some basic questions from a first-timer

Postby peter » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:02 pm

Hi all,

I've recently starting looking at the Alkudia Smir project and I'm booked to go down to Morocco for a week from 20th Nov - 26th Nov to check out what's on offer.

I have a few questions on the project and it'd be great to hear people's opinions:

- First of all, I've read on some posts that Fadesa are not being very forthcoming with information and that the building plans have not been finalised etc? Is this now ok?

- Should I always go through an agent, or would I be best approaching a Fadesa rep while I'm down there?

i.e. Would having an agent make the whole process run smoother or would I get a much better deal if I handled it myself? I was considering LarioNovo, but I saw some posts earlier that suggested they don't seem to be fully clued in to the situation on the ground wrt the building plans etc?

- Say I commit to buying an apt while I'm down there.. and I pay the 20% in December, do I need to be around in January - March/April 2007? I plan on heading away for 3-4 months from January

Cheers,
Peter
peter

Postby romablade1889 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:44 pm

1 - Plans were released for AP1 (which is sold out) but these have to be changed to gain planning permission as the plans were too dense... Another post on the forum suggests the planning permission is imminent (subject to my dodgy French translation!) so the plans must be completed, but so far have not been issued.

2 - considering the experiences of all on this forum, I'd personally go with an agent providing you find a good one who knows Morocco and holds some sway over Fadesa. In this case, the builder is paying the agent's commission so you won't save anything on costs and you've always got another voice to shout your cause if things go wrong. On the other hand, some think the agents just get in the way... For me, I can use the agent when I need to and I can always phone Fadesa direct (and have) if I think that's faster or better... You should ask LarioNovo if they consider themselves and agent or a wholesaler.....

3 - Probably not. Once you've signed the contract and paid the deposit the build will take 18-24 months. BTW - from experience, don't commit to buying whilst you're there. You should always make the decision once you've got home as things always seem different when you're "on holiday" so to speak.. I doubt you'd get a legitimate preferential deal for signing there and then so you may as well take as long as you need to make a decision.
romablade1889

Solarium

Postby peter » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:40 am

Thanks for the info.

Regarding the solariums, anyone know if there is a high wall or low wall (or any wall) planned between the penthouse apartments?

Just that if I take a north-facing 1-bed penthouse with the solarium, it might be in shade throughout the day in winter/early-spring if the wall was quite high.

Also, am I right in assuming that the 2-bed apartments with the larger north-facing terrace on the 2nd floor would get less sunshine than the south-facing equivalent?

I'm sure I'll find out the sun's direction in relation to the apartments when I go down there anyway.

Cheers,
Peter
peter

Postby davmel » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Peter,
You don't have an email address. I'm using larionovo. Seem ok but early days yet. I'm just dealing with the legal team that they recommend on the issue of costs.
Davmel
davmel

Postby Curly » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Hi there, I have just found this forum and I am looking to buy an apartment at Alkudia Smir as my first overseas purchase. I have been to a few exhibtions and one estate agent I have got to know had a buyer pull out of a place on AP1 which I am probably going to buy.

Has anyone else heard of many people pulling out of purchases at this site?

I had been told Fadesa were a big and reliable company but the comments about planning permission and design changes seem a bit worrying or is this normal?

Cheers
Rgds, Curly
Curly

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir