Kabila - What do you know

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Postby romablade1889 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:56 pm

mcneilee wrote:romablade1889

thnks for the info :)

No probs. Question is - do we trust that information if it came from Fadesa??? :?
romablade1889

Postby gazd » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 pm

I have become so frustrated with being told Fadesa are moving offices, you will get your allocation tomorrow etc etc etc. I still have heard nothing I know I will not get the apt in ap1 i wanted so I am pulling out.
I still want to invest in morocco. Does anyone know of a forum on the casablanca resort? Good luck everyone
gazd

Postby romablade1889 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:43 pm

gazd wrote:I have become so frustrated with being told Fadesa are moving offices, you will get your allocation tomorrow etc etc etc. I still have heard nothing I know I will not get the apt in ap1 i wanted so I am pulling out.
I still want to invest in morocco. Does anyone know of a forum on the casablanca resort? Good luck everyone

Try the new Azur development in Saidia... www.azurdevelopments.com. Seems like Saffron Villas are their exclusive agent, I can recommend them as my dealings with them have been nothing but sensible and I feel sorry for them the way Fadesa have left them embarrassed..

I think I may pull out also and wait for a better development from a more professional and reliable developer.

To the two Fadesa sales reps that like to post to this forum.... Here's a challenge for you - tell us why we'd be wrong to pull out now and look elsewhere.....
romablade1889

Postby romablade1889 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:31 am

Should be www.azurdevelopments.com

Note that this is actually a Fadesa development as well... Noticed that in the detail after my original post...
romablade1889

Postby gazd » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. Looks promising also like the look of les palmiers. I must tell everyone I got my allocation today. I reserved a 2 bed penthouse in july. I at last got my allocation only to be told I have a 1 bed. What a joke!
gazd

Postby Pinky » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:56 pm

Im not sure why you folks havnt had your allocations yet. Is is because you are dealing direct with Fadesa Direct?? I have reserved with my agent, propertyshowrooms.com and had my allocation weeks ago. Perhaps there is something to be said going with an agent?? Remember all you that are leaving, the grass may not be greener on the other side. I am prepared to sit and wait till we get details of spec etc. and until I go out and visit the site next week.Good luck.
Pinky

Postby Pinky » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:56 pm

Im not sure why you folks havnt had your allocations yet. Is is because you are dealing direct with Fadesa Direct?? I have reserved with my agent, propertyshowrooms.com and had my allocation weeks ago. Perhaps there is something to be said going with an agent?? Remember all you that are leaving, the grass may not be greener on the other side. I am prepared to sit and wait till we get details of spec etc. and until I go out and visit the site next week.Good luck.
Pinky

Postby mcneilee » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:22 am

i went through fadesa & told me the apartment when i decided to buy just can't quite remember it just the block No :roll:
mcneilee

my apartments no longer mine

Postby steve » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:12 am

Dear All, just been looking at forum and are wondering why the below hasnt seemed to happen to anyone else.
I put my £2000 deposit down quite a while ago and was told by my agent overseas homes forever that i was evidently about number 30 in the list so would definatly get what i wanted - a 2 bed with solarium.
A couple of weeks ago they phoned that i wasnt gonna be in AP1 but AP4 but that Fadesa had said this new apartment which was number 15 in block 9 had sea views and was near a pool- happy days.
A week ago i was told that they would like the 15%, i said surely cant i wait until i see the layout of AP4, they came back to say that wasnt a problem and my apartment was "safe"
Friday afternoon overseas homes forever phoned to say Fadesa has just told them that "theres been a terrible mistake, that apartment 15 in block 9 is someone elses, unfortunatly there are no other 2 beds available, i can have a 1 bed or nothing"
Overseas homes forever say there going to meet them in London monday 18.09.06 as whats happenend is just unbelievabe.
Has this happened to anyone else?
steve

sorry gazd

Postby steve » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:22 am

i obvoisulsy didnt look through the forum hard enough, i see that
gazd has had same problem. Even if i get a 2 bed - solarium following this meeting, im thinking do i want to go with this untrustworthy lot.
steve

Postby Stevie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:00 am

I am in a similar position.

I reserved on 20/07/06. I asked my agents to chase Fadesa up about two weeks ago as i had heard nothing re allocation. They did and were given conformation that i had been reserved a two bed penthouse, i was given a block and apartment number in AP4. My agent stressed that she was reporting to me one this basis and that they should be sure and a guarantee was given that the allocation was correct.

I got a call on friday to say that Fadesa had made a mistake and got the allocation wrong. I have been offered two different alternatives.

The most annoying thing is that apparently the builders wanted a firm decision straight away as the alternatives offered when no plans, layouts or other details for one of the choices is available to me.

I intend to contact Fadesa directly, if nothing else to let them know my thought on the service i have recieved. I am a first time investor and this is my first experence of buying abroad. I have yet to decide whtehr to proceed but my thought at this time are that i wont and too be honest it has put me off purchasing overseas.

I am dissapointed with not getting my choice but more so with the lack of organisation and professionalism from Fadesa. If they cant deal with a simple allocation it doesnt hold much hope for the development

I work in property law and to be perfectly honest if a client approached me for legal advise based on the facts in my case i would think that the were being taken for a ride.
Stevie

Postby romablade1889 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:57 pm

I think most of us have had allocation problems...

I'm dealing through an agent and was given an allocation with the spec I wanted (2 bed, 1st floor, sea view, near the pool) in AP1.

I was then told that AP1 was now full and that I was being moved into AP4 but I shouldn't worry as AP4 is more spacious as the blocks aren't as close together.

I was then given an apartment, spec I wanted although the sea view seemed to have disappeared.

I then found out through this forum that someone else had been given the exact same apartment in the same block...

I made a fuss and was then given my (I hope) final allocation of an apartment in Block 13 in AP4 with the spec I wanted (but still no sea view)...

I think Fadesa shot themselves in their feet by continually raising expectations about when the allocations would be made. If they'd have said 4-8 weeks people would have said fine... But they kept saying next week and organising an office move in the middle of the allocation process was frankly asking for trouble.

I'm still waiting for the plans before making a final decision on whether to proceed or not...
romablade1889

Postby fabs35 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:23 pm

I'm in exactly the same position - was promised (and have e-mail confirming this....although it's from my agent) an apartment in Block 15, overlooking the pool in plot AP1.

Now I've been allocated an apartment in plot AP4 which apparently overlooks the pool - although Fadesa do not have plot layouts signed off, so not sure how they can be confident which blocks are by the pool(s).

I am very surprised that Fadesa are not stepping in to clear matters - how can such a large company have more that one office allocating apartments and not share the same database to see which apartments have been reserved, which would avoid the same apartment being promised to more than one person - very disorganised.

As you say Roma, we'll just have to wait and see how professional Fadesa are!
fabs35

allocations

Postby shak » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:11 pm

Fadesa has a lot of internal politics. What else do you have to experience to guage their competance and professionlism ????

I have walked away from them but would like to see the faces of people when the receive their keys/finished products.
shak

Postby ScottieDog » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:23 am

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've had no problems with getting an allocation through my agent. Asked for a 2 bed with solarium prior to release and got one in AP1
:D
ScottieDog

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir