WARNING TO ALL BOARD MEMBERS

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

WARNING TO ALL BOARD MEMBERS

Postby kabilainvestor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:35 pm

It is with sincere regret that I should post this topic advising Board Members and Guests that this Forum appears to be being hijacked by one of the "members" with a hidden agenda.

The "member" in question is called Shak, in case any of you haven't seen his multiple, repetitive posts. The gist of his posts criticise Fadesa in some shape or form.

Shak has admitted that he is not buying in Alkudia Smir, yet persists on posting the dirt he clearly spends a great deal of time digging up. Classic fear, uncertainty and doubt tactics are being used in an attempt to unsettle you, me, Fadesa and the market.

The allegation is proven by the stats : Shak has PERSONALLY posted in excess of 20% of ALL messages on this board. Do ask yourself : Why would someone who has NO INTENTION of buying at Alkudia Smir waste so much of their own time on a forum dedicated to PROSPECTIVE BUYERS at Alkudia Smir ?

The answer is pretty obvious, there is a hidden agenda, despite his denials ... well he would, wouldn't he !

My guess would be one of the following scenarios exist :-

a) He is a disgruntled former employee of Fadesa
b) He works for a competitor
c) He has "history" with Fadesa that he has not disclosed

Frankly, such politics bore me, but what does concern me is people trying to use an excellent forum such as this for their own, selfish agendas.

We all suffer in the end, not just Fadesa, his more obvious target.

Once again, I suggest to all ... do your own due diligence on Alkudia Smir and Fadesa.

Of course Fadesa have encountered problems on certain developments, this is to be expected when you have built as many units as they have. According to Shak however, they continue to be successful only because "there are many mugs out there".

I find this deeply insulting. People purchasing homes, for investment or personal use, are amongst the most discerning customers of any product. This is a dual function of emotion and monetary value. If Fadesa didn't do it well, they would not be one of the largest builders in Europe. I'm sure the Moroccan government did far more due diligence on Fadesa than Shak, before appointing them as the primary contractor at Saidia, the flagship, and first, of the King's developments.

We know that their allocation process on Alkudia Smir has angered and disappointed many. May I suggest this is partly a function of their own success on Alkudia Smir, where demand has exceeded supply. This has been exacerbated by their low pricing at launch, proven by their announcement of imminent price increases, which of course helps all of us who have already placed reservations.

My suggested remedial options would be :-

a) Make up your own mind. Who has the more valuable reputation : Fadesa or an anonymous poster ?

b) Shak - either clean up your "act", or take it elsewhere

c) To the Moderators - what are the rules for banning someone on here ?

KI
Last edited by kabilainvestor on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kabilainvestor

Postby Colin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:10 pm

As far as banning people, personally I feel that unless people are being abusive, or perhaps a little too commercial then I would grudge banning them. His method of posting the same information far to often has a detrimental effect on his credibility and as such I think it’s fairly obvious to everyone reading that he is doing so due to some other motive (a grudge? How many reservations did he have? Why did he give them up?).

However, obviously the forum is best run by reflecting the views and attitudes of all those involved, if anyone would wish to add anything on that matter I am open to all suggestions.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
As a scholar of English, Shak should be able to tell us who was responsible for writing this (and who was the influence).

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

BANNIG PEOPLE

Postby shak » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:46 pm

KABILA INVESTOR, AS USUAUL YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG, MAY I SAY THAT YOU MAY HAVE A HIDDEN AGENDA I.E. AN AGENT.

AT THE START OF THE FORUM I DID POST AN HEADING:

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM. PERHAPS THE PEOPLE WHO HAS READ IT WILL KNOW WHO HAS AN AGENDA.

IF YOU FEEL THAT MY EXPERIENCES AND EXPOSURE IS AFFECTING YOUR SALES THAN I AM SORRY BUT THE FORUM MUST HAVE A BALANCE.

ATLEAST I BACK MY POSTING WITH EXAMPLE NOT ONLY OF MINE BUT OTHERS TOO. I KNOW THRUTH HURTS.
shak

Postby shak » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:49 pm

DUE DILIGENCE WAS ALSO DONE BY THE RESPECTIVE AUTHORITIES ON

PLAYA VISTA
ASILAH BEACH
ROYAL ASILAH
shak

board

Postby shak » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:09 pm

COLIN TO YOU I SAY: that I never claim to be a scholar of english as you put it.

I only posted a fact when I said that I had studied english litreture this only when you felt that the age and my spelling was more important than the contents of my postings.

Let me say FRANCOIS -MARIE AROUT VOLTAIRE, 18TH CENTURY

As to the best of my knowledge he moved to england perhaps you expand to others on this forum his thinking of tolorence, free expression and understanding. ( HIS NAME HAS BEEN MENTIONED LATELY IN DUE TO THE CURRENT WORLD POLITICAL CLIMATE)

Dont you think this forum will be a bit boring without a serious lively debate;

cheers
shak

Postby Colin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:35 pm

It was not Voltaire.

It was however influenced by Voltaire.

I hope this highlights how inaccurate the information Shak provides actually is.

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby kabilainvestor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:41 pm

DUE DILIGENCE WAS ALSO DONE BY THE RESPECTIVE AUTHORITIES ON

PLAYA VISTA
ASILAH BEACH
ROYAL ASILAH

The above is yet further proof of Shak deliberately trying to mislead people. As Shak knows very well, the Moroccan Government, as indeed any government, do not carry out due diligence on private developments such as those he listed.

Fadesa however were chosen as the Main Contractor for the first of the King's Developments at Saidia. This will be the flagship King's Development and is the only one (presently) on the Med. The Saidia development is Government backed (financially). I think there would have been CONSIDERABLE due diligence undertaken on Fadesa by the Government / the King.

KI
kabilainvestor

ACCURATE INFORMATIONS

Postby shak » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:45 pm

AS I DO NOT PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION AS A HISTORIAN. I FEEL IN THIS CASE IT IS BETTER FOR ME TO POST INFO OF OTHER PEOPLES EXPERIENCES FROM OTHER FORUMS.
shak

Postby CARLYWOO » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:02 am

Has this fake still not got the hint

No body is listening to you we know your agenda.

I suggest passing all his slanderous information on to Fadesa let them trace him through his I.P address and sue his arse
CARLYWOO

Postby fabs35 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:27 am

Shak

To repeat what a number of people have already posted - please continue providing info that you find (positive or not). Those that find it useless can ignore it.

Don't worry about issues not relating to Kabila or about investing in Morocco (eg grammer, spelling, history)

I'm sure many more members read your informative posts with interest.
fabs35

Postby denise » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:33 am

The bottom line here is that, even though some members of the forum may not like it, anyone has the right to post messages on internet forums. Shak's posts are neither irrelevant nor abusive (unless there are some really sensitive souls on this forum), however the replies of some members to Shak's posts have been.I really do not think anyone has the right to criticise another member's spelling, syntax or knowledge of literature. What has that to do with property investment? These are the posts which are irrelevant and lower the tone of the forum, turning it into a slanging match.
As Shak says you don't need to read his posts, but some others are interested in his information. Could it be that he has been playing this game a lot longer than some other investors, and has done a lot more research. Of course buying through an established developer your investment may seem low risk, but big developers get it wrong, too.
I can see this forum going the Playa Vista road, as members begin fabricating conspiracy theories.
P.S. Colin. regarding Playa What. Playa Vista is the development you were waxing lyrical about not too many months ago in the 'unofficial' forum you set up. Hope my spelling is to everyone's approval and that I made no typos.
denise

Postby romablade1889 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:05 am

Guys,

Why are we talking of banning someone from this forum if they haven't been abusive?

If you don't like Shak's postings, don't read them. His name is always in big letters on the left hand side of the page so they're easy to spot...

As KabilaInvestor points out, we're all intelligent investors and not mugs. Therefore we should all be sensible enough to make up our own minds about what Shak has to say without the need for censorship.

For me, Shak talks allot of nonsense sometimes. For example, those of us that have made reservations on Alkudia Smir are already in profit once the next phase is launched and that's without any commitment thus far. There's already a waiting list for phase 2, so anyone not happy with Fadesa or their reservation at this stage should considering selling to to a wanna-be queue jumper on that waiting list... All you'll have to pay out is the reservation fee, your deposit and the solicitor's fees...

But on the other hand some of what he says is either sensible or it provokes thought and discussion on important topics. Let's leave Shak be, and instead realise to take whatever anybondy says on this forum with the pinch of salt needed...
romablade1889

board members

Postby shak » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:14 pm

Carlywoo:

I am aware of slander, any information that I have provided to the forum I can back it up with evidence, as regards to posting from costa esuri is already public info from the relevent site.
shak

board

Postby shak » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:26 pm

Kabila investor,

It seams to me that you are an agent ? Please confirm as I have long confirmed that I have no agenda. ( Im sure that voices who screaming the most from my postings do not beleive me)

AS an investor you will not be reacting in manner as you did by the tone and the vocabulary that was used. It seams to me that your sales are being affected !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I am well aware of a sell by date of a topic, when this happens I will stop , in the mean time new member join everyday and thus gives us fresh focus on some very crucial points. Two to three years from now you guys can talk anout the plant seeds etc.
shak

fadesa

Postby shak » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:10 pm

Romablade

The profit claimed is only a paper profit let me tell you besides.

1) If you can sell before completing Fadesa charges €3000 for flipping:

2) You all may not be aware that as part of the purchase agreement of the parcela ( plot of land) The owners of the land has a number of appartments allocated to them in different phases.( All those wondeful agents may not be aware of it or will be taking a reservation deposit ) only to be told that a particular appartment is not availble. As the land owners they will know the best slots.

3) Putting up a deposit of £2000 or €3000, You are placing your money on trust with some one you have never met, is not bonded if they have a cash problem you might see them in Tax heavens.

4)Whislt your money is sitting with the agents or as claimed in escrew account for months and you are than allocated an appartment that you did not wish to have for what ever reason, if you than pull out you have lost out as the market has moved.

5) If your money is placed in an escrew account. You should ask who are the signatoury to the escrew account.
shak

Next

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir