Direct answers about Kabila from Fadesa direct

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Postby azul » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:10 pm

I just visited the Alkudia site, with a Fadesa representative. I was shown the floor plans. This is the info that I was provided.
The units do not include A/C or any kitchen appliances, except they will include a cooking stove. (I'm told very few developments provide A/C, normally just the hook-ups)
There was no mention of a lift.
The developer currently does not have building permission, but, of course they say it will come any day now.
The property is located just a few km down the road, from the Ceuta border and sits right across the street from the beach. They plan to build bridges to connect the property to the beach.
They are building one or two hotels, right down the street, on the beachside. (moroccan builders).
I was told that they will begin building the front right section, (AP1) first and part of AP4 along with the hotels. (or visa versa) Don't know if this is fact or fiction, but that is what I was told.
The one big plus is that the developer has a bank guarantee, which I was told they will provide in writing.
azul

fadesa

Postby shak » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:44 pm

Hi Azul,
I am pleased that you had visited the site and your remarks are in line with mine. At least forum user can now see that I have to personal axe to grind against Fadesa.

Wether others have A/c or not, we are not buying in the others. We, were advised that Fadesa will provide A/c as this was suppose to have been a luxary deveoplment. If you go to page 2, james from fadesa had assured Mcneilee that their will be an A/c, no doubt James will now tell us all that Mcneilee misunderstood him.

The cooking will this be bottle gas or electric as the current and the new developments are provding bottle gas. In my defination luxary does not mean to carry a gas bottle three flights.

Planning permission. I feel Playa Vista revisited. Fadesa will change what ever it suits them and blame planning permission and none of us will be wiser. I was told it will be ganted in two months

Do you feel that AP1 or AP4 will be built where there the plot has a large dip so for sure nop sea views which ever floor? I was told by the staff that there will be no sea views due to the aparthotels being built in front.

Did you asked them what was going to happen to the plant ? ( I dont know what it for right on the beach front there is also an electric pillion there

Finally what were the prices that were quoted to you ? were they inclusive or exclusive of VAT ????

Will Fadesa let us have a sight of the Bank guarantee, i.e. which Bank it will be will it have a AAA moody.
shak

Postby romablade1889 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:42 pm

Azul,

Did you take any pictures? If so can you post them here (or email me directly - I'll PM you my email address)?

Are they planning on moving/rebuilding the road as on the 'artist impression' we've seen the beach starts immediately on the other side of the road. However, on Google Earth the satelite image clearly shows some scrub land before the sandy beach begins...?

What's the immediate area like? How far is it to walk to the local shops and restaurants? Is the road busy?

I read in the Rough Guide to Morocco, that that stretch of coastline is popular with Morocans who like to camp on the beach throughout the summer months? Does this still happen?
romablade1889

alkudia

Postby shak » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:00 pm

There are no private beaches in Morocco, The north of Morocco is very popular with the moroccans, so I cannot how they may not be allowed to camp etc.

The only way to stop people camoing moroccan or not will be to change the law. I doubt if this could be done.
shak

Postby azul » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:24 pm

Shak, Romablade1889,
You both asked lots of good questions. I will attempt to answer as many of your questions, as possible.
Shak, the price that I was quoted included VAT, so add 14% to the prices that you previously had posted because those prices did not include VAT, but they appear to be correct.
I don't know, if the stove/cooker uses bottled gas or electric and I wasn't aware that there are two different bank guarantee's. Can you explain?

The hotels are supposed to be built along the bottom right corner of the plot, across from the beach, which shouldn't obstruct forward views. The beach is right across the street, from a new two lane road. There didn't appear to be too much scrub land bordering the beach and all beaches in Morocco are public, by law. Also, I didn't see anyone camping on the beach.
The land is located about a 5-10 minute drive, from the border of Ceuta. Ceuta is just like being in Spain, although Alkudia is still not very developed.
We passed thru a small town, along the road, about 1-2 km away, which did have a few shops. As you continue past Alkudia you will come to two other developments, Marina Smir, which is older and then Jahawar Smir, a few hotels, one hotel is currently being built and then the road continues to Tetouan.
Behind the Alkudia property, at the very far back, the new highway passes, which will continue to Tetouan. I could not see this highway from the front of the property. I hope this info is helpful.
azul

alkudia

Postby shak » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:11 pm

Azul thanks for your reply my response is as follows:

PRICE: let us start again e.g two bedroom pentahouse (top floor) was priced as €92,975 for 70.9 M2, INCLUDING VAT, One of the forum member is claiming to be paying €106,000 for the similar property ( please refer to my earlier post for the name) to me this is 14 % VAt charged twice once in the included price of €92.975 and tham 14% on €92.975.

GAS/ELECTRIC: ITS EITHER OR ? THE EXISTING BUILT OR WORK IN PROGRESS SEAM TO HAVE BOTTLE GAS

BANK GUARANTEE: I cant remember about the two guarantees. Any guarantee is as good as the financial standing of the guarator. I am not aware who is the guarantee with. If you are confused about Moody AAA.
This is a system which assesses Banks/financial institutions the better the starring the secure/sound the institution is.

CAMPING: It would be done in July/August.

THE TOWN: This town is called FDIQ, its was called CASTILLEJOS, and old Spanish name when Morocco was a Spanish colony/protectorate. The name can be seen on the old abandoned railway station.
shak

Postby Malone73 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:34 pm

Ross and James have you received the full spec list yet?
Malone73

Postby mcneilee » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:58 am

i'll email him or call him on his mobile again to try to get some answers from him :?
mcneilee

Postby hello » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:44 pm

SHAK you must be a disgruntled ex employee. The agent network at Fadesa released information far too early, allocation has been a mess but I suggest you don't buy (prices are ranging from 75k euros to 113k euros inclusive of VAT) Why don't you take your experience of buying all of those units worldwide with romablade and buy up in Italy, those opportunities are passing you by, I have some land in Brazil you might be interested in, no past history of construct, no bank gurantees, arse end of no where, expecting about 100% capital growth per annum, you interested?
________
Motorcycle tires
Last edited by hello on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello

prices

Postby shak » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:52 pm

LET ME TELL YOU ONCE AGAIN. I AM NOT OR EVER BEEN A FADESA EMPLOYEE . SCOUTS HONOUR.

I WOULD LIKE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT WITH MY CONCIOUS CLEAR.

IN SO FAR AS BRAZIL IS CONCERNED TOO FAR, NO CHANCE OF A NO FRILL AIRLINE GOING THERE YET.
shak

Postby mcneilee » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:15 pm

only got a little info it was for one bed struckture re-enforced concrete to moroccan sizmic standards double brick walls,rustic tiles,kichen units with granite worktop,stove,extractor,electric water heater not much hope to have more info later
mcneilee

Postby sabrina » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:06 pm

Granite worktops, sounds promising. I expect they will also have marble floors.

Are there any artists impressions available for this development?
Does anyone know what sort of landscaping is around the pool in AP 1.
I know the gardens of block 15 face the pool and so do the rear of block 8. I hope there is some sort of communal garden between block 8 and the pool otherwise it will have a real council block feel, not very relaxing.
sabrina

Postby romablade1889 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:55 am

All,
In the interests of balanced argument, I'm going to play devil's advocate...

Fadesa have some good reports and bad reports when it comes to quality of their developments. Other developers have no reputation at all. Who do you trust?

Kitchens come with oven/hob/water heater only. Is this really a problem? Would you rather spend £350 to buy your own Whirpool or Bosch fridge or let the builder install a £50 Chinese heap of junk that packs in after 7 months and leaks thawed water all over your apartment and into the apartment below, soaking into the paintwork for 6 months over the winter period? Microwave ovens are £25 from Matalan...

Roma
romablade1889

Postby fabs35 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:43 am

Hi Roma....I've sent you a PM.
fabs35

Postby stella » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi all,

Just so there is full transparency on the issue, I am a mortgage broker/facilitator working and living in the Algarve for the last 3 years.

With reference to 'Hello's' post questioning Shak's status as a private investor or individual - I personally think it is irrelevant, what Shak is doing is bringing to light issues that many investors overlook (trust me I know, having dealt with counless developers for my clients).

Issues such as the VAT, gas or electric and logistical lay out of the development are all very valid questions to be posed. The bank guarantee issue is a difficult one to answer because even if the financial institution providing the gty is not of the highest standing (AAA moody) it is unlikely that it will go bust, so I think we just have to agree that the gty is a good aspect of this development.

I agree that it may seem confusing to many that Shak's posts looks like he is trying to de-ramp this development ( obviously there is no financial gain from doing this like a share). I am second guessing that SHAK is torn on the issue of whether to commit or not.

Shak - I personally think that you have become a touch insular on this development, because after all if the purpose for investment is capital appreciation we should be looking at the macroeconomics of investing in this region rather than the microeconmics of this specific development.

These are my thoughts only and by and large taken from what I have seen happening here in the Algarve, I have yet to visit the site, and am still awaiting confirmation of where the two bed penthouse will be situated - probably next to Bin Laden's apt knowing my luck :-)

Good luck to all
stella

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir