Plans!!!

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Postby romablade1889 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:13 pm

Shak, Sabrina,

I must admit I'm swaying towards Shak's way of thinking.

I've got a great wealth of experiencing in investing in overseas property and there have already been too many mistakes on this one to make me seriously doubt the professionalism of the team the developer has working on this one.

I mean, which professional company would allow relocation of offices of its local branch to occur at exactly the same time as the allocations were due to be published? I'd be fired for that if I did that to my clients and my reputation would be ruined for future contracts...

Secondly, I have big doubts over the quality of the development having examined the area where Alkudai Smir will be on Google maps. Have a look at the maps in the other thread, find the lcoation on Google Earth and zoom in. The satellite image shows waste land on the beach side of the road. Only 100 metres to the south, this land has been built on so what's stopping the same happening in front of Aludia Smir, and why do the artist's impressions show golden sand right next to the road? Of course artists impressions always show a good light, but in the context of the whole mess Fadesa have created, this worries me.

Thirdly, I'm disappointed how the cheap airlines are tackling Morocco. The flights are centred around Marakech and are very expensive relative to say a flight to Brindisi in Italy, or Spain. Easyjet to Marakech in March would cost in excess of £275. Leaves me to believe flying to Malaga and then getting ferry across is the only option. If you're thinking of renting, then beware. Most renters will only be prepared to travel for 1 hour from the airport....

In fact, I'm seriously thinking of buying a third apartment in Italy. Calabria is a good investment opportunity at the moment and so is Basilicata. I considered buying there last year and just noticed the £52,000 apartments I was consdering are now selling for £80,000.

I've been promised my second re-allocation on Monday by my agent. I have a clear set of expectation as to what it will be like and where. If it falls short in any way I'm calling. There are lots of other investment opportunities out there and remember, they print more money every day.... Some of it has our names on it...

If I do decide to call it a day, I may still go ahead with the reservation and sell it on before construction is finished for a nice £5k profit... Worth considering if your thinking of jumping. I notices Playa Vista apartments are already available as resale for £60k when they were reserved at £55k.
romablade1889

Postby mcneilee » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:14 pm

Hi Shak

did you take any pictures of the area thanks
mcneilee

talk about kabila

Postby shak » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:29 pm

yes I did. I will however not be able to post it here as I do not have the technology to do so.
shak

talk about kabila

Postby shak » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:30 pm

yes I did. I will however not be able to post it here as I do not have the technology to do so.
shak

Re: talk about kabila

Postby romablade1889 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:45 pm

shak wrote:yes I did. I will however not be able to post it here as I do not have the technology to do so.

Shak,

When writing your post, click on "Add Attachment" then "Browse". You should be able to post a few pictures that way.

Cheers

Roma
romablade1889

Previous

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir