Furniture Packs and Snagging

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Furniture Packs and Snagging

Postby igbinael » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi

i would like to hear from investors who have completed recently..

how did you manage your snagging? who did you use? recommendations? how long does snagging take?

also did you use the services and go for furniture packs or did you make your own arrangements? again any recommendations?

i am aware that there are various websites out there however i would prefer to hear from people in the "know"...

what is best way to go to Alcudia Smir - via the ferry or from Tangiers?

Thanks v much...
igbinael

Postby kenz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi Iqbanel,
I completed on AP1 couple of years ago, snagging was frustrating as people in the office were helpful-ish but often couldnt find correct tradesman, i found best bet was to find foreman wandering on site & grab them. As i say was couple of years ago so maybe is a bit more organised now.

For furinture i used Hamid Basri - he spent few days driving us around furniture shops in tetuan etc, i cant reccommend Hamid enough, he is brilliant, also at getting you sorted with elec, water, insurance etc as well as getting someone to do all the furniture fixtures & fittings etc, & the most important thing which was get us an english satellite sorted & the air con,

If yourself or anyone else is completing & wants to rent our apartment for whilst they are there, see the furniture etc we got etc then please give us a call - 0771 935 5371. Its a 2 bedroom penthouse apartment in AP1 on the front line.

We travel from the north west, so for cost we fly to Gibraltar, walk across border to spain & get a 25 euro taxi to algeciras,
you can then get ferry to Ceuta, spend another 5 euros on taxi to the border/frontera, cross the border on foot which takes on average 15 minutes, first time you do it can be confusing, & then another 5 minute taxi the other side from frontera to Alcudia Smir,
Or get ferry from Algeciras to Tangier Med port, which is halfway between tangier & alcudia smir, from there its a 30 minute taxi ride, the customs is done on the boat.
Personally we just get to Algeciras & get on what-ever is the next boat.
Ferry is quite expensive at 27 euros ish per person each way, dont get a return, means you have to wait for that specific company when returning & actually costs more.
kenz

Postby igbinael » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 pm

thanks for the information - thinking i may go with one of the services that offer furniture packs, snagging etc all in one, for convenience and time saving
igbinael

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir