SYNDIC

What's happening at Alcudia Smir?

Postby rebecca » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:42 pm

The syndic cannot make desicions like that. They do not have such rights. This should be reported to the council.
rebecca

Postby Snippy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I got the letter (or should i say demand) to pay up to the sydnicate. The letter was in arabic so no idea what is about but assume they want 5,000 dhrs. Checked with the property manager to see how the funds will be used and if we will get some form of statement from the treasurer (if there is one) but he has been silent. It does feel like we are getting our trousers pulled down on this one and the funds are going straight into someone's back pocket.

I don't have any answers on how to resolve but as Rebecca says the only way the overseas investors will have a voice is to group together. I've set up a "private" group on facebook, simply called "Alcudia Smir". http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/353701871312173/. Any posts on this page will be private to members only.
Snippy

Postby Colin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 am

Obviously things are still in the early stages, but I would assume we are far better off having a group of owners in charge than is so often the case elsewhere where the developer puts a factor company in, and makes it impossible to get rid of them, I have heard many stories and known people involved in such situations - the current poor communication is nothing compared to these situations. We do at least have people who are working on this with a vested interest in making it work, and I assume they are doing so with their own time rather than us paying them for it.

I will be over in March, I have arranged to meet up with Hatim, I am aware he knows several owners there, including those on the syndicate, the gentleman in the flat next door to me also knows the people in the syndicate and with any luck I will manage to have a good chat with him again. Hopefully I will be able to get to the bottom of what’s what and I will report back.

I know very little about the syndicate and think it only reasonable to make a judgement about them once I have found out more.

Thanks,

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

SYNDIC

Postby 1frenchy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:41 am

Hello everybody

It is time to form an association of Alkudia smir owners defending the claims of injured parties.

There is one in France it will enjoy the exhibition of the real estate expo smap to be heard.

I'll be there in February and March and I would be happy to meet interesting people and share my knowledge. fill free to contact me .
1frenchy

Postby sabrina » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 pm

When is it and where?
sabrina

syndic

Postby 1frenchy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 pm

1frenchy

syndic

Postby 1frenchy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:01 am

during the exhibition in Paris smapexpo
saidia the association has been successful in their claim against gfm
1frenchy

Postby Adam Pearce » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:01 am

Dear all,

I have just joined this forum but have owned a flat in AP1 since the "off plan scheme" began.

I have been very interested to read your thoughts about the issues now concerning AP1.

Some of peoples comments sound frustrated, while others have genuine concerns about the syndicate that is seemingly now in charge of the management of AP1.

Since the formation of this syndicate, I have received no information about it other than a letter in arabic that i had no way of understanding. However, i have become aware of the issues by reading comments on this site.

I think in summary, there is a common frustration about the lack of understanding and control owners have and therefore seem are unable to influence the direction of their investments following the establishment of this syndicate and a common wish for this to change.

It is easy to jump to conclusions about what individuals are aiming for. I have read that Mr Abdollah is exercising too much control and possibly for his own benefits. This may be true but it may not, either way we have a common interest in ensuring (in as much as we can) that AP1 is structured for the benefit of owners.

It is impossible for owners to influence the direction of AP1 alone. This forum is useful in that it enables us to meet, listen to each other and express our own views. As well as this forum, we need a way of "acting together" in a combined owners capacity e.g. proper represetation in meetings. To do this we will need a different mechanism from this forum.

I have been to AP1 several times but I am not quite sure how many flats there are, I guess in total there may be 200 - 300 owners.. does anyone know? If half of the owners can be in contact and agree formal actions together, we can arrange AP1 as we like.

I have set up a spreadsheet and included names and contact details of owners. I guess many of you have already seen it, but Colin who runs this forum has it. If you give me your contact details we can talk formely together, make proposals, vote on these and then set up AP1 as we like.

I realise I am new to this forum so am happy for another person to collate the contacts data base ?? please volenteer if you are happy to do this?

The first proposal I would make is to appoint an auditor with an international reputation, so we can ensure that we get accurate information about what the finances and management structure of AP1.

If anyone is interested in this please get in touch

Best regards

adam
Adam Pearce

Postby Colin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the forum.

It is more than possible to create a section on the forum that is accessible only to owners in AP1 or whatever, however, from previous experiences (Playa Vista!), I know this can cause more problems than it solves. One idea (which I don't know to much about) would be to create something like a yahoo/google group, whereby if you are a member, you email one email address and the email goes out to all others that are members (so basically some sort of distribution list management system), this may be worth looking into??

I think the first thing we need to do is meet with Mr. Abdollah and find out exactly what is what with the syndicate, better knowledge may help shape how things need to proceed. I will be out in Alcudia Smir for a week in March, and would be more than happy to attempt this, however I have no contact details for him? (I haven't even received a letter in Arabic from him....)

I would also suggest that the creation and maintenance of a spreadsheet remains with you, it was your idea after all!

I personally think we need to approach this with caution - we may need to get serious about this (auditors), but let's try to find out as much as we can before taking such potentially damaging actions. I have a couple of avenues I want to look into, we may be able to get some better information on things....

Like you Adam, I have been in this from day 1, I'm sure you agree, the current difficulties surrounding the syndicate are a fairly minor part of this whole story!

Thanks,

Colin.
Colin
Site Admin

Postby riaz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:14 am

Hello to all,

I have been with Alkudia for a long time. I fought hard to get my money back but in the end I stay. The big problems with it is Addoha not finish what they said they would do. They have a contract with us. They have a responsibility to us to do the worl properly. Now we have to get them to make repair. I was at at syndic meeting 2010 mr Jelloul say Addoha will repair all problems. So why they dn't do it. We must get together and take them to court, all owners from all countries. This is fraud. The structure of the building is not repair and people make extension, this make the structure worse.

I am not happy.

Riaz
riaz

Postby Adam Pearce » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Many thanks Colin, It's good to be in touch!

Thanks also your reply and for your ideas about communication. I guess a google page (or similar) would be no better than this forum (I do not think i have ever used one of these before). I really like this forum and will read it often going forward.

What would be a great addition to this is a way for us to "act together", let me give you an example...... as foreign owners, we could discuss an issue on this forum and all agree that we want something to be done (say we wanted to paint the buildings), this would not mean that we could actually arrange this. To actually arrange this we would need to be in communication with the syndicate, or be able to call a formal meeting of the syndicate to agree this.

In reality the syndicate and anyone represented at meetings of the syndicate, are the only ones represented in this type of set up. This is not neccessarily a problem if the syndicate is run well, some people may actually prefer not to have an active involvement (like myself in the long run really). However, the rules and constitution defining a syndicate should be of great interest to any owner.

Notwithstanding the above, I think you are right in that we should find out what this syndicate is, who is involved etc. before we form any strong opinions about it. I am actually pleased to hear of its' establishment and think this is a big step towards AP1 being marketable to its' full potential.

I also agree that this syndicate is not the biggest issue we have had to deal with. In many ways I'm pleased to have anything at all. This development should have been finished years ago and I took the view a long time ago that it would just sit there until done (whenever that would be). In many ways we are lucky. We have purchased an off plan development in an emerging market and originally engaged a Spanish Property Developer as builders (Fadessa). My understanding is that they went bust in the credit crunch and Fadessa Maroc was established by some form of Moroccan body to complete the build, who on the whole have honoured the original agreement we made.... If this were in Spain or Portugal we would all have either lost our entitre investment, or had to complete at a price higher than the final value of the property.

On the whole I have liked the Moroccan people and actually feel cautiously confident that things will work out well in the long run.

I think the only thing I do feel differently about, it that we should enagage an auditor very soon. Any respectable business will not mind being audited and in reality may even find it useful to have their support. If we have a respectable syndicate in place, then they will welcome the idea of an audit.

I look forward to reading more posts from you all soon!!
Adam Pearce

Postby rebecca » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Adam,

Could you please tell me what relationship you have to Michael Pearce, who also tried to set up a database for Playa Vista.

You sound like the sales people at Alcudia with your talk about us being lucky not to have lost our deposit. Addoha have recognised that there are problems with the build quality and quality of materials by addressing these problems in the villas and other AP's. It is only fair that they recognise and act for AP1. Without AP1 apartments and villas being sold, Addoha would have had an even bigger problem shifting the other AP's and for that, they need to recognise our faith in them, after all they told all of us at the time of purchasing, that our apartments would be improved and so would the build quality. We have paid high prices for these apartments.
Many have been lucky enough to sell, even though most lost money and I don't know many AP1 owners who are in it for the long term! Everyone wants out!

I agree that we should use well-recognised auditors, eg Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (Morocco).
rebecca

Postby sabrina » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:12 pm

I agree that we should use international auditors.

Will anyone be there over the Easter holidays?
sabrina

syndic

Postby 1frenchy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:14 am

somebody know about syndic meeting tomorrow????
1frenchy

Postby Colin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Is anyone from AP1 going to be around tomorrow for the syndicate meeting?
Colin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About Alcudia Smir